Sunday, August 29, 2004

It's a Boy!

Welcome to the world, my beautiful new nephew!





Posted by Hello

On the last night of my vacation, my mom called me just as we were getting out of the car to head over to the largest Farmer's Market in the state. She had heard from my brother that his wife's water broke during a doctor's appointment that day, and the baby was expected to appear any moment. As we strolled through the streets of San Luis Obispo, I confessed to Chef I felt guilty having such a good time while my sister-in-law was undoubtedly in excruciating pain. I spent the rest of the evening waiting expectantly for the phone to ring, which it finally did as we were getting ready for bed. Baby boy arrived safely, with a healthy set of lungs and a full head of dark spiky hair. My brother was, by all accounts, a real trouper during labor and is quickly getting the hang of changing diapers without getting hosed, mixing up bottles of formula at 3:00 AM, and learning to exist on severely interrupted sleep patterns. I am confident that soon he will be able to join the rest of us in holding long and detailed conversations about the ever-changing quality of baby poop. Welcome to the club, bro.

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Awwww...your nephew is so cute!
Being an auntie is so much fun, isn't it? :)

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home